Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos, knew what he was talking about when he famously said, “customer service shouldn’t be just a department; it should be the entire company.” The growth of social media and consumer power have changed the rules of competition forever. Now more and more companies recognize customer service as the “next competitive battleground”.
HelpScout in a recent survey broke down the true cost of bad customer service. Here’s the TL;DR.
- 86% of customers quit doing business because of a bad customer service experience
- 78% of online customers recommend the brand to a friend after a great customer service experience
So what are some things companies can do to improve customer service?
1) Ask the right questions to understand what’s important to customers. QuickTapSurvey can help here
2) Use tools to improve processes, listen and connect (CRM, online help desk, social media)
3) Hire people who love helping other people
What is bad customer service costing your business? Check out the infographic below.
Also published on Medium.